Advanced Facilitation Skills
- Facilitation Skills Training
- Advanced Facilitation Skills
What is it?
A course to help deepen your understanding of facilitation, enhance your skills and build greater confidence in diagnosing, designing and facilitating meetings that have greater complexity whether due to participation, content, context and/or process. Prior to the course we will send you a facilitator competency profile - your chance to identify where you can sit back, where you need to stretch and where you need to sweat! The course will combine short presentations, case study, workgroups, demonstration and feedback to achieve its objectives.
During the programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify your strengths and development needs in facilitation
- Explore models of facilitation and identify with different theories, approaches and values
- Identify your dominant style as a facilitator and understand how your style and other styles can influence the effectiveness of a group
- Gain a deeper understanding of group dynamics and how you contract with and manage a group to maximise engagement and progress towards meeting/team/organisational objectives
- Understand the causes of conflict within and between groups and have strategies to surface and manage those conflicts in a group setting
- Understand and use a range of facilitation tools to work with groups from strategic visioning to decision making and agenda setting to action planning
- Apply your learning to the design and facilitation of work sessions that match a range of meeting objectives
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for those who already have a host of experience in designing and running meetings with their team and throughout their organisation and who have attended a foundation level or equivalent facilitation skills programme.
What your package includes:
The course fees are £795.00 per person plus VAT. They include; an action packed programme and intensive learning experience designed to stimulate, strengthen and support your skills, confidence and competence in facilitation
- Facilitation Profile and Feedback
- Course workbook
- Facilitation Pocketguide
- Lunch and all refreshments during the course